The 17th Annual High School Trap Shoot will be sponsored by the South Florida Gun Club on Saturday, June 27, 2016. Starting time is 10:00 a.m. The club will be open for practice at 9:00 a.m. (One practice round per shooter at $2.50.)
For information, please telephone PAM LYMAN at 772-266-7405 or WILLIAM ROGERS at 772-987-2367.
The program will consist of a gun safety presentation, 50 regulation trap targets (25-16 yard targets and 25-19 yard handicap targets), awards presentation and lunch.
This event is open to both male and female students, grades 8 thru 12. Schools may enter as many 5-person teams as desired. Each team should be represented by an adult coach/sponsor. Individual entries are welcome.
The entry fee will be $12.00 per shooter ($60.00 per team) if pre-registered two weeks before the shoot, and $14.00 per entrant the day of the shoot. Pre-registration is necessary for food management and trap help scheduling. The fee includes targets and lunch. Shells are not included, but will be available at a nominal charge.
AWARDS: A first, second and third place school plaque will be awarded. Individual medals will be awarded to the first, second and third place team members. Individual trophies will be awarded to first, second, third, fourth, fifth and sixth place individual total scores. Trophies – Courtesy of Palm City McDonald’s.
1. All entrants are required to be enrolled at the high school they represent.
2. Each school may enter as may five-student teams as they desire.
3. Each school is requested to have at least one adult sponsor/coach (supervisor) for each two teams. Sponsor/coach is not required to be a teacher and/or administrator.
4. Each shooter will be expected to furnish their guns and shells. Shells may be purchased in the clubhouse.
5. Eye and ear protection is recommended.
6. All shooting will be under the supervision of an adult present at each trap.
7. Please bring a shooting vest, nail apron, etc., to hold your shells. Please do not pick up empty shells while your squad is shooting.
8. Ties for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place team trophies will be shot off. Shoot off will consist of 25 targets per team, 10(16 yard targets) and 15-(19 yard handicap targets).
9. Ties for 1st through 6th place individual trophies will be shot off, using the team shoot off format.
10. Each 5-person team should select a team captain.
11. This competition is considered to be a school activity. No smoking, drinking of alcoholic beverages or use of profane language will be tolerated.
12. All rules and decisions by shoot management or personnel are final.